Friday, December 15, 2006

You won't believe this!

So, this is unbelievable. After fighting for months to secure a job, interviewing, getting the visa issues sorted, doing a border-run to change my status, applying for a Social Security Number... I find out that because the hospital recruiter took sooooo long to sort me out, my temporary nursing permit has expired and is on hold until I receive my SSN!! So, we are back on hold. I attended a general orientation this week but there will be no other working until I receive my SSN. That will "take as long as it takes". We are praying for it to come asap!!

But all is not lost... Chad finished his finals yesterday. Karmyn finished on Wednesday. We were talking last night and figured that this is the first time since our honeymoon that we have been together- not traveling, not sight-seeing, not working, not moving, not doing a 'rush-visit of all family and friends', not studying (which are all great things we have been fortunate to experience!)... just having un-pressured time together! And it is Christmas! So we are going to relax and enjoy a bit of down time and count it is as blessing God figured we must have needed!

3 comments:

The Armchair Theologian said...

YAY! So you guys have any plans to do anything fun?

Karmyn R said...

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having such an unusually spelled name, I have NEVER actually come across someone else with the same spelling. Very wild.

Hello - My name is Karmyn R.

Karmyn said...

Hi Karmyn!

How crazy! Nice to meet you. There were actually a couple "k-a-r-m-y-n's" in the town I grew up in... something in the water?

Merry Christmas!

Karmyn G

p.s. Do you get called KaMRyn by accident a lot?