Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Did I Mention?

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!
There is just something about this special time of year. The memories of this season make my heart smile! I love the REAL reason for the season along with everything else about it! I love decorating at the end of November and leaving it up well past New Years. I love sitting in the dark with Christmas lights on. I love falling asleep and making Chad unplug all the lights, night after night. I love the houses down here have wreaths on the door and all the windows. I love that they put a single candle in every window. I love wrapping and giving gifts. I love driving around looking at lights. I love getting a new ornament from my parents every year. I love carols. I love the cheesy music they play over and over and over and over again. I love the Charlie Brown soundtrack. I love the TV specials. I love the traditions. I love the baking (especially Nanimo bars...even though no one knows what they even are down here!), and chocolates (Tofifee, anyone?) I love all the special foods (Lefse, flatbread, Rossettes, popycock, tri-buns, layered salad, seafood dip, oranges, Grandma's punch, homemade icecream, turkey and all the trimmings, midnight snack...I could go on and on!) I love the Jello that melts into the hot turkey. I love pancakes, fruit and whipped cream for Christmas morning breakfast. I love wearing PJ's all day on the 25th and doing as little as possible. I love wishing (secretly) for a giant snow storm. I love studying the story of the birth of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. I love spending special time with Chad (though we wish we could be with our families and dream of the time we can be together again). I love remembering the warm feeling of Christmases growing up on the farm. I love remembering my Grandparents and our extended family all together.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Karmyn! I felt so "at home" while reading this post.

I fully intend on having a candle in every window when I have my own home -- I love the feeling of that (plus, it's a Swedish thing). And the lefse! And rossettes. (No krumkake?) :)

Oh, I just loved reading this. Wonderful memories and well written. Thanks Karm!

Karmyn said...

Oh my goodness...I forgot about the krumkake!! How could I? I sat there staring at this after I wrote it wondering if I missed anything! Doh!