Saturday, June 02, 2007

The World's BIGGEST Stingers!

So a while ago, I was sitting at the computer when a hear a thud on the stove. Sounds like a piece of plaster has fallen from the ceiling. So over I saunter over casually... only to see a flying bug. I bravely get the tea towel to 'whip' the bug to the ground, when all of a sudden I see how FREAKISHLY big it is! Instead, I wait for it to land (I actually was quite calm!) and then grab one of Chad's big books to squish it (shhhh don't tell him!). That is it in the picture- next to a normal pen cap. Yikes! Hopefully there won't be any more!

I go into work a couple days ago and my one patient is a man who has been stung by one of these FREAKISHLY big bugs and had an anaphylactic reaction when the thing stung him IN THE EYE!!!!! No kidding!

No comments: