Thursday, January 18, 2007

More Sites!

The Western (Wailing) Wall.
Above- The Mount of Beatitudes- likely where Jesus preached, just off the Sea of Galilee. Near the site of the feeding of the 5000. Below- the view from standing on top of Massada. Above- Standing in the synagogue Jesus taught in in Caperneum. Below- The Jordan River.
Below- The Via Delorosa.


Below- The Pool of Bethesda (no wonder the crippled man couldn't get down to the waters).
Below- The Isaiah Scroll (Dead Sea scrolls).


Above- Golgotha (Jesus was likely crucified at the bottom of this mountain). Can you see the 'skull' on the right side? Below- a 2000 year old Olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemane- with a new branch 'grafted in' and still alive and producing fruit!

Above- An Israel sunset.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh. My. Word. I....I...oh man. I'm booking my flight to Israel right now.

I've always wanted to go - for now, I wish to live vicariously through you two...so I must hear as many stories as you guys can manage to barrage me with next time we chat. K? :)
Oh, how wonderful! Love the pictures!

The Armchair Theologian said...

Cool Pics! I want more too! Are they gonna get posted on some picture site? Uh, and I'm wondering if Karm got "baptized" in the Jordan. If I were there, I would have been SOOOO temped to push her in.

Not that Chad would EVER do such things...

And did she dance on any tables or historic landmarks there?

Just curious. I agree with what Jen said. I wanna go too. Maybe I'll take Jen some day...if she's GOOD! Lord knows what kinda trouble I'd have to go to in order to bust her out of an Israeli prison! It would make her Minneapolis "kafuffle" look like a sleepover!